Monday, July 20, 2009

Great Deal!!!!

Alright so Suzy gave me a rebate offer from Kellogg's. So if I bought 10 Kellogg's items on one receipt I could mail it in for a $10 rebate. She also informed me, Macey's was having a sale. Now I'm going to do this kind of like an infomercial but bare with me. The deal was 4 for $5, the catch the discount wasn't taken until you hit four boxes. So I had to buy 12 to have at least ten items and get the rebate:

12 boxes = $33 full price = $2.75 a box
-$6 for ever set of 4
12 boxes = $15.45 (the .45 is tax) = $1.29 a box
Then the $10 rebate
12 boxes = $5.45 = $.45 a box
Then the sneaky person I am realized I have manufacturer coupons for Kellogg's so...
12 boxes = $.45 = $.04 a box
Grand savings = $32.55 = $2.71 a box

So yes $5 worth of manufacturer's coupons and my pantry is now stuffed with plenty of cereal for Nate and I. The best part is... cereal tastes so much better when you've only paid 4 cents for the entire box!!!! I just love coupons!

3 comments:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Very cool!

Caleb and Shae said...

You crack me up that you had to call me and tell me saturday night! I'm so glad you found such a great deal!

Melissa Miller said...

That is sooo amazing! Where did she get the Kellogg's rebate? I am so proud of you. I am just starting to make my coupon binder! It is so fun. Do you print coupons off the internet? Do you do Sunday papers? I love it!