Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Great Deal!!!!

I have decided I truly LOVE deals, and coupons. If you aren't on twitter you should be, just to get these deals. You can follow a bunch of people that link you to coupons all over the web, plus blogs! Blogs full of money saving tips and menu planning on a budget. I love it so very much! Another great site is www.frogzog.com you can search for coupons for anything, then share it on facebook, twitter, or even have it texted to you so you don't have to waste the paper to print it out. Just text it to yourself and then show them the text when you get there. So as I continue to find great deals, I'll try and include them on twitter and here on my blog or facebook. They will all be under the same label 'Deals'. Also you really should look at www.savvyshopperdeals.com and try out the Shopping wizard. My new find is www.recipekey.com you can list everything in your pantry and fridge and it will tell you what recipes you can make. It will also show you ones you can make with only buying a few more ingredients. When you use stuff just take it out of your pantry and voila you can make meals with what you have! You can also add recipes, so family favorites are involved.

4 comments:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I love you and your new found frugality. Does August 13th have something to do with this new hobby/lifestyle?

Carrie Mortimer said...

Nope not really. It's such a silly thing but I was very excited about it so I'm counting down. If Nate figures it out I'll announce it on Facebook but it's mainly something he'll really like.

Suzy said...

Well, August 13th is Max's b-day, so that is a good day.

Carrie Mortimer said...

Yeah I didn't realize it was the 13th until Amanda mentioned it or Mom on facebook. Max's birthday, not the reason for the count down though. Still a fantastic day for my Nephew's birthday. Oh and a special hint for those who read my blog...it has to do with our weird number thing. :)