Thursday, July 8, 2010

So Many Things, So Little Time

Well there has been a lot of little random things going on lately, so I'm going to try and get my thoughts out in this blog.

First, Today my family went to KFC in Orem. It was a lot of fun. Now I know this isn't every families choice for a get together, but today is my grandma's birthday. My grandma Inez passed away this last January. So to remember her we went to her favorite place for lunch. I really miss her. I've been thinking about her a lot lately and how sometimes when I go over to my parents i still expect to see her in her chair. My heart drops when she isn't there and if someone happens to be in her chair, I get teary eyed. I wish she was still here, I would listen to her same stories over and over again and I miss that. She was loving and sweet and always wanted to be with her family. I think with my other Grandma coming close to the end of her life as well, I am realizing how much they truly mean to me and how badly I want to spend time with them. I wish my Grandma Mortimer wasn't so far away.

Alright enough of my sad blubbering, I need to discuss some of the fun things going on lately. I think a list form will be best. if you get bored I'm sorry but these are all the things lately that have happened that I have loved.

1. I'm in my second trimester!
2. My sister Julie is ready to have her baby in the next few months.
3. My sister Anna is getting married!
4. I'm starting a floral design course and will be a certified florist.
5. Amanda had her baby and we got to go to his blessing. (He's a cutie)
6. We hung out with Brittany and Stephen (getting married in 6 days) at the blessing. I was amazed at how well Stephen and Nate got along, we like them and need to hang out. Maybe they'll meet us in SLC after their honeymoon so we can go on a double date.
7. The fourth of July was amazing. I love parades (I know I'm a freak) but when the veterans went by and they had the parents of some soldiers who were killed I couldn't help but cry with those mothers. I am so grateful for their sons, and families sacrifice. So incredibly selfless and amazing. It was a sweet experience.
8. My nausea is going away!
9. My job is going well.
10. Nate has been playing on a soccer team and it's been fun to watch him.

Alright I'm running out of things maybe I'll remember more later. I just love my friends and family and I am so incredibly grateful for all of you! Oh and I can't wait to have our addition to our family make their debut...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you didn't know I read your blog. Are you creeped out? I probably would be. Anyway, we are pretty much in Provo (or at least SLC) all the time! So pretty much there is no reason why we shouldn't be hanging out. That's all.

Shae Mickey said...

Miss your face! I'm glad you have so many great things going on and that you are starting to feel better! We need to T-Tapp or go swimming, whatever you and the baby feel like!