Monday, April 11, 2011

Elenor's Blessing

This Sunday April 10th 2011, was wonderful. We were able to finally bless Elenor. We waited so we would be able to have Elenor be stronger and so we could bless her during sacrament meeting rather than at home. We thought of blessing her at home but I have always wanted to experience the blessing and getting to see my baby held up for the congregation. Anyway Nate let me have a wonderful day on Saturday, I got to pamper myself. I bought a new dress, got a pedicure and had a very relaxing day.

On Sunday we got up and got ready, had a great morning, and headed off to the church. After being in quarantine for so long it was really nice to see everyone from the ward. Everyone has been so loving and supportive and to get to see them and be so warmly welcomed was a wonderful experience. We had family there and Nathan gave a wonderful blessing. Elenor was just a little angel. She didn't cry and actually slept through most of sacrament meeting. We then had a lunch and spent a great afternoon together as our little family. Ele's dress was so cute, and she was so happy.

I'm so grateful for everyone that has supported us through everything. And I can't wait until this quarantine is over so we can take Elenor out anytime. We're planning on having a few parties so we can introduce Elenor to all of you in installments. We don't want to overwhelm her so we'll keep everyone posted.

I'm so grateful for the wonderful gospel and how much we have been blessed through this whole thing. I know Heavenly Father is here with our family. I have felt his support through others as well as through the spirit everyday. I have felt him hold me up on the days I felt nothing was right. I have had friends call me literally the moment I was breaking down and just needed someone to listen to me and let me cry. I have felt the wonderful support of my husband and have become ever closer to him. My family immediate and extended has been there for me every step of the way. I know I have been carried through this experience and I love knowing that. I know this experience isn't over and there will still be many hardships to come, not just in life but with Elenor and her growth. But I know I will be carried through, it will still be difficult but I know Heavenly Father will be there for my family and I through everything. Thank you again to all of you that have been the answers to our prayers. We love all of you.

2 comments:

Shae Mickey said...

Yay for a beautiful baby blessing! We are so happy for you guys!

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I really wish I could have been there. Darn midnight flu symptoms! I am glad everything went well. I can't wait to see pictures of her in her little dress.