Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Quest to Be Better #1

This is the start of my updates on my last post. I have done a few things and I am feeling pretty good about it all. Well I have looked at so many pictures of Christ now it's just a matter of picking which one we like the most. We are sorting through our wedding photos and getting them ready to be printed. I haven't been awesome with the whole going to bed early and getting up early but there have been a few days where I have gotten up at 5:45 and done scripture study and those have been awesome days.

 I also went and bought the Children's Songbook on CD and we have been listening to them in the car and Elenor loves it. I also bought the Book of Mormon set of Scripture Scouts. If you don't know what this is then you should check out their website here. It is this fun little way of teaching the basic stories of the scriptures to your kids. I remember growing up on these and still remember them word for word. I used to make up little dances to them and I remember all of those as well. Elenor thinks they are funny and she really likes them. And for me I had to call my mother and thank her because not only did they teach me so much when I was little but because I went and bought them I have already had a tender mercy through listening to them. (See below)

When I was listening to the first CD they are covering the story of Nephi and 'Baby' is playing Nephi and Sam. She sings a really sweet song and there were a few lines that just made me want to cry. I love music and how something so simple can touch you and change you so deeply. The song goes like this:

I know I'm a small one, I'm only me. Sometimes I don't do things right. But if I will follow my Father above, I will be strung with his might. Cause, Nothing's too hard for the Lord, for the Lord. Nothing's too hard for the Lord. If he has a job that he wants me to do, it's not hard for me and the Lord.
I can't write my name straight, sometimes I spill. I never can say the right words. But the Lord can do anything, even with me. Cause Nothing's too hard for the Lord. Nothing's too hard for the Lord, for the Lord. Nothing's too hard for the Lord. If he has a job that he wants me to do, it's not hard for me and the Lord.

I'm so excited to see what the Lord is going to do with me. I am relying on him and doing what I can to make sure he really can accomplish ANYTHING, even with me. I love that line. Well that's all for this update, I hope you all have a wonderful day!