Monday, October 13, 2008

Hips, Hips, Hips

Well for those of you who don't know I have been having very big problems with my hips. It started with muscular problems in my back, then pulled my hip joint out of place and pinched my sciatic nerve in both hips. Basically what that means is everytime I took a step it felt like my leg was falling out of socket. It has been very painful and very hard for us. Our apartment is a split entry apartment and most nights I would have to sleep on the couch because I couldn't get up the stairs. Nate has been so supportive and thoughtful. He has helped me do everything and thinks ahead so I won't have to bend down or walk too far at any one time. One night I couldn't move at all so we went back into the doctor and he gave me a nice shot in the butt and it's been helping a lot. I can almost walk at a normal speed now. We're getting a year pass to the Orem Rec Center and I'm going to be doing water aerobics to help the joint mobility and hopefully it will all get better. Anyway I think the sweetest think about this whole thing has been Nate, he even shaved my legs for me when I couldn't shave them myself. If that's not committment I don't know what is. ;)

1 comment:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I love your title. We should be friends.