Friday, November 19, 2010

Elenor's Birth Part 4

Saturday November 13th: Convinced the doctors to let me go home.
I wanted to go home so badly. I knew i wouldn't get to take ele home no matter how long they had me stay, and so i just wanted to go home and be able to sleep next to my husband and just have some sense of normalcy. My blood pressure was still high so they were concerned but I won out. :) I went up that morning and held Ele and then we went up again at 4:30 to have Nate hold her before we went home. Our nurse in the NICU today was Carolyn Stone, she is in my parents ward and watched Ele for a few of her shifts. She was and is fantastic and then Nate and I left the hospital. It was and is always hard to leave Ele but I was so excited to go home that did help a little. We ran up to my parents house to grab a few things we needed and ate dinner with them. Then we went home and I slept wonderfully in my own bed.

Sunday November 14th:
This was a pretty lazy day as well, I slept and relaxed and we went to see Ele. We get to hold her at least once a day now and it is so exciting. Our wonderful neighbor Jan Brimhall brought us dinner and it was really nice. Apparantly I have really been wanting to try her wonderful smelling pot pies because she came to visit me the day after Ele was born, the day I was on the Mag and couldn't even open my eyes, but i was aware enough to ask her for a pot pie on Sunday when she asked if there was anything she could do. :) And then the sweetheart that she is she said absolutely.

Monday November 15th: Monday was my first day I could go and see Ele but would have to go by myself. So I did, I woke up and drove over and was there by about 8 in the morning, held Ele and just stayed by her because I missed her and liked just sitting around her. I went and ran a few errands and then went home and picked up Nate, we went to hold Ele and then came back to another wonderful dinner provided by our awesome ward. We had an early night because we are just started to get used to this new schedule.

Tuesday November 16th:
I stayed with Ele the whole morning, Then went to my Doctor's appointment. They said I healed amazingly well. My blood pressure is still a little high so they are monitoring me and I am not quite cleared to go back to work. I went home and rested for a little while, then came back with Nate in the afternoon. I really do enjoy watching Nate hold our little girl. He is the most amazing man and is a great dad.

Wednesday November 17th:
Ele's heart rate started to drop occassionally, but she is still their star student in the NICU. Stayed with her for the morning, got my hair cut, went back with Nate.

Thursday November 18th:
I went this morning to spend time with Ele and they let me hold her for an hour and a half. It was so amazing, we sing together and have little chats, I love that time with her, it is so precious to me. I went home and worked on these blog posts. ;) and then headed back last night at 7:30 with Nate. As we walked in and turned the corner our abby was no where to be found. I said, 'Oh, our baby is missing.' and the nurse Cory jumped up and said, 'oh she got moved across the hall they didn't tell you?' We said no but were so excited. We figured she would be moved soon since she was doing so well, but they usually like for the kids to not be on an IV, any breathing help, and as close to 4 pounds as possible. She hasn't been on any breathing help basically since she was born, and her IV will be complete Friday night. And since she was doing so well they decided to move her over anyway even at her very petite 2 lbs 8 oz. Nate enjoyed about an hour and twenty minutes. She was so awake and just looked beautiful. I sat there and just cried repeated times because I was so proud of her. We've had talks, Ele and I, about how we want to get her home by Christmas, and I feel it's totally doable. And after her graduation I couldn't have been a more proud mother.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh Carrie and Nathan! I just cry when I see the pictures of Elie!! I CANNOT believe she is soooo tiny and yet thriving so well!! She is just a complete miracle in your arms! What a faith promoting experience that will strengthen all those who know you. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and keep letting us know how we can help you! Love, Jenny R