Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday November 19th:
Today we started non-nutritive breastfeeding. This is more of a training for Elenor. I pump off my milk and then she can practice without having to get suck, swallow, breath all at once. Ele did wonderfully. The Occupational Therapist was impressed Ele did so well.

Saturday November 20th:
We just hung with our little lady who keeps gainng weight and doing awesome. Continued with the non-nutrtive and she's doing awesome.

Sunday November 21st:
Same thing today, there aren't many updates which is pretty much awesome, If the only updates we need are that she is doing fantastic and just needs to gain weight we are totally okay with that.

Monday November 22nd:
Ele is gaining weight and started actaul nursing today. She did really good. She's still learning but she is amazing.

Tuesday November 23rd:
Elenor is two weeks today. I can't believe it's already been two weeks. I miss her so much when I can't be with her, but I realize she is where she's supposed to be. I just hope she won't need to be here for much longer. I just want to be able to hold her more often and just love her. She is 2 lbs 14 oz today.

Wednesday November 24th:
My Baby is 3lbs today! Since she lost 2 oz right after birth she has technically gained 50% of her birth weight. I'm so proud of her and I am so surprised at how different she looks. Her little face is so 'chunky'. I realize that it's only chunky for her and she's still half the size of most babies but I am still so excited and proud to be her mom.

Thursday November 25th; (Thanksgiving)
When we went in today there was a sweet present waiting for us on Ele's crib. It was a cute handprint from Ele turned into a turkey with a poem that said:

This isn't a turkey
As anyone can see,
I made it with my hand.
Which is a part of me.
It comes with lots of love
Especially to say
I hope you have a very Happy Turkey Day!

It was great to see her and to get this present, but it was hard to have this Thanksgiving and not be able to have her with us. We went from the hospital to our family dinner and then back to the hospital. It was a great but hard day.

Friday November 26th:
Today is basically the same as most just Ele sleeping and being adorable while Nate and I visit. Shes up to 3 lbs 2 oz every ounce counts. They measure her in grams and she is at 1425 she was born at 1015. They say the magical number is usually 1800 grams. This is when they start to really hold their body temp and start to really nurse well. So we are hoping she'll continue to get bigger so we can bring her home. Though we'll be on lock down until April or May because of RSV season, so we can't take her many places and won't be able to have many visitors, it will be amazing to have her home with us.

No comments: