Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sad News

I found out yesterday, a dear friend of mine lost his father. I am aching inside. This was no normal way to loose a loved one, it wasn't from illness or something sudden but from someone who has no regard for life. His father was murdered.

I can't imagine the pain he must be feeling. I have no words to describe my sympathy and heartache. I feel so helpless and so upset over it which only allows me a small glimpse into what he is feeling with this major loss. I am praying for him and his family and I am grateful he has such a wonderful wife to help him through this difficult time.

For those of you who know Paul Lemen, please keep him and his family in your prayers. For those of you who don't know him, do the same, this family is amazing and needs all the help they can get. Please especially remember his mother as she has lost her husband of 48 years and I can't imagine what she must be feeling.

I'm grateful for the gospel and I'm so grateful for the peace I have been able to feel and I hope with all of our prayers the Lemen family will find peace as well.

1 comment:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

I am really glad we got to o and see him. It seemed to cheer him up. I am seriously struggling with that news- it is so horrible!